Skip to main content


Worker's Compensation

California law guarantees certain benefits to employees who are injured or become ill because of their jobs.

Any job-related injury is covered, even first aid type injuries and work-related illnesses. The key is whether it was caused by the job.  (Some injuries from off-duty social or athletic activity, for example the company picnic or the department bowling team, may not be covered.) Check with your supervisor if you have questions.

Reporting a Claim and Getting Medical Treatment

Step 1: Each employee is responsible to immediately report to their Supervisor that they have injured themselves while working.

Step 2: If the injury is an emergency, dial 911. Call Company Nurse at 1-877-778-2576 after the employee has been transported to a hospital or medical treatment.

If it is not an emergency:

Step 3: Employee and/or Supervisor calls 1-877-778-2576 Company Nurse 24/7 Hotline before you leave the premises on the day of the injury.

When an employee calls Company Nurse they are provided assistance regarding either a referral for medical treatment or simply recording the incident.

Company Nurse will refer you to the designated medical clinic for your district (unless you have pre-designated your personal physician prior to the injury). The designated medical clinic, Workers' Compensation Specialist, and North Bay School Insurance Authority will all receive notice of the injury within 10 minutes of completing the phone call. Please call the medical clinic you are referred to and make an appointment.

Step 4: North Bay Schools Insurance Authority will mail the DWC-1 claim form to the employee directly within one business day.

Important Phone Numbers

Emergency:  911

Company Nurse:  1-877-778-2576

North Bay School Insurance Authority:  707-428-0824


Vallejo City Unified School District participates in an early Return-To-Work program for employees with accepted industrial injury claims.  This program provides transitional, temporary work through Bridge Assignments that are aligned with each individuals specific work restrictions.

The Vallejo City Unified School District provides 60 days of Industrial Accident or Illness Leave for accepted work related injuries with medical verification by an approved licensed medical provider. It is the employee's responsibility to provide physician notes to the Worker's Compensation Specialist in the District Office to be eligible for Industrial Leave. See Article 7-Leaves in your contract for further information.

Note: Workers' compensation fraud laws make it a felony for anyone to file a false or fraudulent statement or to submit a false report, or any other document, for the purpose of obtaining or denying workers' compensation benefits.  Anyone caught performing these illegal acts will be prosecuted. If convicted, the person can face up to 5 years in prison and/or up to a $150,000 fine.


Safety & Risk Manager
Phone:                                      (707) 556-8921 Ext: 50152
Email: or

ashley stephens

Workers' Compensation Specialist
E-mail: or 
Phone:                                      (707) 556-8921 Ext. 50047
Fax: (707) 638-3599

Risk Management Locker
4/21/16 1:37 PM
5/13/15 4:00 PM
7/9/15 9:34 AM
3/15/16 4:26 PM
11/12/15 8:49 AM
7/15/16 1:53 PM
Worker's Comp Locker
5/13/15 4:21 PM
Company Nurse Poster